Here are the rules she provided (I changed #5, Lucy - hope you don't mind):
1. Begin the challenge immediately.
2. Pick up your camera and take pictures of where you predominantly spend your time blogging. Include a forward facing, left and right side view.
3. Do NOT stop to tidy up, redecorate, make your bed or whatever you think needs to be done to impress others or sooth your Martha Stewart-ish ego.
4. Post your pictures (with a brief description if you like.)
5. Leave a comment on my blog letting me know you've done it.
6. Optional: Tag five other bloggers whose space you'd love to virtually visit.
When she issued the challenge a few days ago, I just happened to have my camera right next to me on the desk, so was able to do it immediately.
This is it, front view. I'm so excited I got to take a picture of my shiny new laptop that I got last week when my old crappy one finally keeled over and died.
Yes, that's a snow man up there. He is one of the two decorations I left up after Christmas, for two reasons: 1) Eliana is in love with snowmen right now, and 2) It's a statement in my protest against Christmas getting all the cool winter stuff.
The art on the wall is one of my favorites, and was the first piece of art I ever bought for myself after moving out of my parents' house. It's by Scott Mutter. The words at the bottom say:
BORN INTO THIS WORLD
WE CREATE ECHOS OF OUR INWARD YEARNINGS,
AND SHIFT ALONG THE AXIS
FROM MATTER TO SPIRIT.
I'm not fond of laptop mouses, which is why I have an external one plugged in.
Yes, that's a diaper on the desk.
And one of my collages on the wall back there.
My living room doesn't actually look like this anymore, as I moved the furniture around a couple of days ago.
So there you have it. This is where I am in the physical world when I'm connecting with you, dear readers.
I'm not going to tag anybody because I'd love to see ALL of your spaces, but I'll leave it up to you whether or not to participate.