Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Easing Back

I have been gone from the blogosphere for so long, I hardly know where to begin with this post.  I can't yet fully articulate all of the changes that have been happening for me.  These changes have a lot to do with why I haven't been blogging (or writing at all), but the other reason is simply that I've been extraordinarily busy. 

Now, the semester is over, YouthFest (the sort-of major event I coordinated) is over, and I can ease back into my inner life, the part of myself that must be tended for anything to get written.  Even as I write this, the words feel awkward; I've gotten rusty.

There is so much I want to share and explore in writing, but I have to begin where I am, in this tongue-tied place.  All I can say is that everything has been expanding, opening up, becoming new.  I guess you could call it a rebirth, and now I'm toddling into a new world.  Great joy, passion, and inspiration light the way, even as I feel physically exhausted, emotionally stretched.  I'm grateful for the opportunity I now have to putter around my house and garden and soul.  To play with words again.  To bake bread.  To start taking my walks (and runs) again.  And to reconnect with my blogging friends.  I've missed you.  

11 comments:

  1. Okay, that was scary. No sooner do I think to myself, "Okay, I'm fed up with not having Polly around. I'm gonna march right over to her blog and post something on that last post she did, like, MONTHS AGO, and ask her what the heck's going on and if she's still around and how I miss her terribly and all."

    And then, look, I find this!

    Whew! Glad to have you back, and to find out why you've been gone so long. Glad you took the time to get some projects done, and also to be reborn! Looking forward to hearing about that, soon. Good to see you again, Polly, I mean it.

    And I'm likin' the new look, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, polli, as you toddle into your new world. It is nice to have you with us again. You have been missed.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whee! You're back. I think I'm terrified of ever stopping the writing. It's how I organize my world. How I make my insides known to myself. I'm glad you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Postie - Wow. That's pretty amazing. I guess it confirms for me that we have a cosmic connection. It's good to see you too!

    Claire - Thank you! I've missed you too.

    Kate - What a great way of putting it: "How I make my insides known to myself." That's exactly it! I may have to borrow that for my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...I feel real happy you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, welcome back... gone, but not forgotten! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've missed you back. I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gone but not forgotten indeed. So glad to see you back here again. Maybe try not to force the writing, just let it toddle out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you're back! Hey, here in blog land there is no editor waiting to wag a finger at you. Just write whatever you want. We are eager to hear whatever you have to say.

    I mean READ whatever you have to say ... xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tess and Reya - You both make very good points. Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog